Ten essential practices for Weight Control from http://weighttalk.net :
- Mastering the Art of Eating Well. Learn the elements of a satisfying, whole foods-based diet.
- Sitting Less, Moving More. Increase your activity level and regain energy and vitality.
- Managing Stress. Recognize your stressors and use mindfulness to prepare for weight loss.
- Defeating Negative Thoughts. Replace unhelpful self-talk with a positive perspective.
- Gaining Control of the Environment. Modify your surroundings so only healthy options are present.
- Managing Time. Carve out more time for healthy eating, exercise, and sleep.
- Navigating Difficult Situations. Learn to make healthy choices when you dine out and attend parties.
- Keeping the Weight Off. Enjoy your success while upping your activity level and varying your diet.
- Rebounding From Lapses. Adopt the mindset and strategies that prevent minor slip-ups.
- Maintaining Motivation. Stay inspired by revisiting your values and rewarding yourself.
Remember, Boomers, that 2/3rds of Wellness comes from your best practices outside workout time and place.