Change Cancer statistics – well-being and fitness can make dramatic differences

Though I am not a medical practitioner, I’ve had MDs and health care professionals remind me that some cancers are preventable – with personal diet, fitness and/or smart environmental moves.

Our American Cancer Society (ACS) reports these alarming statistics for CY 2017:

It is estimated that almost 1.7 million new cases of cancer will be diagnosed in 2017. Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among males (19%), followed by lung (14%) and colorectal (9%) cancers. Among females, breast (30%), lung (12%), and colorectal (8%) cancers are the most common.

Melanoma affects more men and women than it “should” – if we are smart, we can protect our body’s largest organ. Please look at this “wake up call” for Cancer up-trends:Cancer Uptrends US_2017

Thanks to the good folks @ Prevent Cancer;  we see that ONLY 5 percent (that’s right) of all cancers are hereditary.  That leaves a silent majority (~95%) of Cancers which we can overcome with “nurture”:

Please leave your Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: