Spring Ahead – oy! 2 AM on March 8th, 2020 is almost here. Goodbye to a precious hour when we could mimic Morpheus and say nice things about our
Most Americans face their standard and daylight “savings” time changes with a bit of concern for a good cause, as shared by reporter Catie Wegman of the Treasure Coast Palm:
“Throwing that biological clock out of sync has adverse health effects, including increased risk of heart attack and ischemic stroke, according to a 2019 study from Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
According to a University of Colorado 2014 study, the Monday morning after “springing forward” raised the risk of having a heart attack by 25%. “
So what can a KABOOMER do to avoid “clocking out”? [I envy you who live in Arizona or Hawaii]!
Five not-so-easy, yet not-too-hard steps should help ya:
- Dim your lights earlier on Saturday night, and open those window shades as early as possible to say “good morning sunshine…”
- Sleep in a bit on Sunday the 8th. Catch a nappuccino that afternoon to stay fresh.
- Snack right – with complex carbs and a bit of protein to help avert sleep zombies and energy valleys until you adjust.
- Stay hydrated. Remember that dehydration and fatigue are directly linked!
- Measure your caffeine drinks. Moderate.
This too shall pass, or you can move to Arizona or Hawaii…
Be well, AND rested, even when the #$%$^ time changes.