We now have special reasons to acknowledge that Roman Deity whose name is affixed to our sixth month of 2021.
Juno was the protector of Rome, and
the Goddess of fertility, and marriage.
It is quite timely that today, on June 1st, a majority of Americans have been protected with COVID-19 miracle vaccines. I offer my cameo role in thanking our heroic drug developers and first responders with my virtual Hug!
Remember that hugging, OR just thinking about hugging, is a darned good boost to morale in good times and not-so-good times. We are chemical wonders when we can naturally generate OXYTOCIN – that wonderful hormone for peaceful, easy feelings
As hugs can lead to other intimate acts, THANK YOU Juno for helping couples with weddings and fertility. Face-to-face weddings are here – hopefully to stay!
We are social critters, as the past 15-months of suspended COVID animation reinforced. And now we can row, play pickleball, and interact without MASKS! I did a double-take today in today’s pre-dawn hours as NO masks were needed at the Boathouse.
Can you tell that I am excited about this new month? Here are otther reasons for my happy Midsummer Night’s dreams:
- The Boys of Summer are soon to play before full crowds in ballparks around our country.
- I can set aside my masked man haberdashery for most summer activities
- I can help spread the good word for Men’s Health Month
- I will wear Blue on June 18th, 2021
- I will see my primary care physician in a few weeks – – – coincidental for Men’s Health Month’s mission:
- “to heighten the awareness of preventable health problems and encourage early detection and treatment of disease among men and boys.”
- If lucky, I will get a tad spoiled on Father’s Day (Sunday, June 20th), and
- We all can celebrate the official first day of Summer on Monday, June 21st. For San Diegans like me, that means that we can revel in 14+ hours of daylight.
- Then, let’s all celebrate our Midsummer Night’s Dream on June 24th – which in days of your was the midpoint of growing seasons. YEA for great “VITAMIN P” that is the source of so many vital micronutrients needed to help each of us thrive and strive.
Thank you Juno!
And – why not JOIN the KABOOMER Movement to gain useful tips and hacks from me as your #KABOOMERKOACH?
OPT-IN for daily text message tips – Just type WP40 to Text #41259.
Or, please send me your specific interests, wants or needs with this contact form response.